National Trust Coastal Discovery Wildlife Tours
Join our family friendly kayaking and coasteering wildlife tours to explore the pristine National Trust coastline on the wild and beautiful north Pembrokeshire coast. The tours are led by a National Trust ranger and Preseli Venture guide with a focus on exploration, wildlife spotting, and the geology and history of the area. You are taken out along the coast to explore beneath towering sea cliffs, through amazing rock gardens, and to poke about among the many inlets and channels that make up this inspirational rocky coastline. You will kayak or coasteer into echoing sea caves, see Atlantic grey seals, sea birds such as razorbills, guillemots, shags and gannets and discover rocky shore life up close and natural!
On these tours we aim to take you to the best secret spots and show you the best unspoilt and wild areas of this stunning part of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. Anyone can participate, no experience is required, so go on, jump in and join us for some really wild exploring, and discover coastal wildlife you never knew before!
Dates for 2014 are:
Morning tour starts at 9.00am – and you are finished by 1.00pm
Afternoon starts at 2.00pm – and you are finished by 6.00pm
May 25th Sunday pm
May 29th Thursday am
June 29th Sunday am
July 20th Sunday pm
July 25th Friday am
August 8th Friday pm
August 13th Wednesday pm
August 17th Sunday am
August 25th bank holiday Monday am
August 31st Sunday am
Half-day Tours cost £52 per person adults and £42 children under 16
For information and booking call Preseli Venture on 01348 837709 or email email@example.com
Adult tours are open to anyone 16 years and over
Family Tours are open to adults and families minimum age 9 years and children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
On the day
- Meet at the Preseli Venture eco lodge just outside Mathry at 9.00am for a morning tour or 2.00pm for an afternoon tour.
- You are welcome to arrive 10 minutes early and have a complementary tea or coffee before the tour
- You park in our private eco lodge car park and we transport you to the venue in our minibus.
- You can access the Preseli Venture lodge by the Strumble Shuttle coastal bus, getting off at Mathry crossroads with a 10 minute walk along the lane.
- The service bus number 413 also brings you to Mathry from either St Davids or Fishguard.
- All specialist kit is provided by Preseli Venture including toasty warm winter wetsuits, flotation jacket, helmet and wet-suit boots for kayaking.
- For the sea kayaking tours Preseli Venture provide a variety of kayaks and also single and double sit on top kayaks.
What you should bring
- Bathing suit to wear under wetsuit
- Trainers to get wet for coasteering
- Tshirt to wear under wetsuit for sea kayaking
- Warm clothes to wear afterwards and dry shoes.
We are sorry but once the tour is booked and paid we cannot offer refunds.
The coasteering tour will not be cancelled under any conditions.
The sea kayaking tour will be cancelled if there are severe weather conditions on the day and you should call Preseli Venture the day before for information if you are concerned about the weather. If the kayaking tour has to be cancelled then refunfs will be given for all money paid..