IMMERSE YOURSELF IN ADVENTURE
Come and explore a wild and beautiful coastline
Family sea kayaking holidays
On these kayaking trips you’ll have the opportunity to explore the wild and beautiful coastline of north Pembrokeshire.
You’ll paddle beneath towering sea cliffs and into echoing sea caves, enjoy picnic lunches on secluded coves, and if you’re lucky you’ll find yourself paddling with Atlantic grey seals.
The Family Sea Kayak Odyssey is a totally inspirational adventure experience in the wild, and a truly memorable way to spend quality time with your family.
What happens on a family sea kayak break?
Our family sea kayaking adventures are a great way to introduce your family to the delights of sea kayaking in Pembrokeshire, Wales. Our trips suit total beginners through to those who already have some paddling experience.
These events run from Monday (evening arrival) with 2 or 3 days paddling depending on what you fancy – or stay for the 4 nights and add on the extra delights of coasteering and surfing, and possibly horse riding and kite boarding to your holiday too.
What does this kayaking holiday include?
We have 2 Family Odyssey packages
Off the shelf packages
2 days / 2 nights £295 per adult / £255 per under 16
3 days / 3 nights £439 per adult / £379 per under 16
These holidays include:
- comfy accommodation at the 5 Star Preseli Venture Eco Lodge home cooked food from your first evening meal to lunch on the last day
- 2 / 3 full days of sea kayaking
- all specialist equipment and qualified guides
- minibus transport for all activities,
- train station transfers on certain trains.
Mix & match
If you’d like to extend your stay and also try some of our other adventures you can mix and match your itinerary based on these prices:
- Eco lodge accommodation: £65 per adult / £52 per under 16 for one night stay in the 5 star eco lodge with 3 delicious home-cooked meals and all the lodge facilities
- Adventure activities: £52 per adult / £42 per under 16 for each adventure half-day, including guides, equipment, minibus transport and pick of the best secret spots and out of the way National Trust owned special places on the coast
- coastal walk is free of charge and self-guided: we drop you down the coast and you enjoy a wonderful cliff-top Hike on the coastal trail, finishing at the Preseli Venture lodge
27th – 31st August
Join us for family adventures throughout the school holidays.
A fantastic family holiday!
Reviewed 12 August 2016 ★★★★★
We chose the 3 day sea kayaking adventure with 2 half day coasteering sessions. They were all brilliant, our instructors were knowledgable and we learnt lots and had lots of fun too.The location is stunning and the Pembrokeshire coast is amazing for outdoor activities
B M / Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
Frequently asked questions
Do you offer group rates?
We offer a 5% discount to families of 5 or more.
Are there any participant restrictions?
You don’t need to have any experience to join our family adventures, you just need to be happy in the water and willing to give sea kayaking a go. We welcome children aged 9+ and have a minimum height requirement of 114cm.
What will we need to wear?
We’ll provide you with a kayaking ‘long john wetsuit’ underneath which you’ll wear your own bathing suit and a woollen or fleece sweater or thermal top. We’ll supply kayak jackets, buoyancy aids, wetsuit boots and a helmet so that you’ll be warm, safely floaty and well protected.
What kind of kayaks will we use?
We have a range of kayaks to suit the needs of your family – from various sizes and designs of closed cockpit kayaks including specialist sea kayaks, through to single sit on tops and double sit on tops. We have a choice of paddle craft and can offer a flexible approach to your kayaking depending on the age and size of your family members, your previous experience, your personal preference and the all important weather conditions!
How big will our group be?
These trips run with a maximum of 10 sea kayakers at a time, who will be accompanied by our qualified, experienced sea kayak guides.
Preseli Venture, Parcynole Fach, Mathry, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire SA62 5HN, WALES, UK +44 (0)1348 837709 Office opening hours: Monday to Sunday 9am to 5pm
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
You’ll receive the latest news, including calendar highlights and inspiring ideas.