How to get to Preseli Venture
Click on the links below to download the pdf ‘How to Get Here and What to Bring’ information for the following events:
- Adventure weekends
- Adventure days
- Sea kayaking weekends
- Sea kayak Odyssey
- Family adventure holidays
- Pembrokeshire adventure Staycation
Our little corner of West Wales is reasonably well served by public transport, so if you can get to us this way – then please do.
We offer FREE train and station transfers at certain times, the details are below. If you decide to drive, and are happy to lift share, please do let us know as we can put you in touch with other folks joining us on the weekend and perhaps you can share a ride.
Buy your train tickets as soon as you can, as you can get cheaper deals. For advance train tickets call First Great Western on 0845 7000 125 or Arriva Trains on 0870 9000 773.
If you want to speak with a real person (!) about tickets we have found a small Welsh booking agency who are very helpful and will be able to book your ticket for you and you can pick it up at the self service machine at Paddington if travelling from London – call Louise at The Ticket Hut on 01554 830188 or email her [email protected]
Wherever you are travelling from, you have to get to SWANSEA in South Wales, and from here you get connections onto the West Wales line out to Fishguard and Haverfordwest.
On Friday evening we offer a free transfer from Fishguard & Goodwick train station at 6.46pm for the journey to the Preseli Venture lodge.
If you’re taking part in an Adrenalin Cocktail adventure weekend or Wicked Liquid coasteering weekend we leave the lodge at about 1.50pm to drop off for the train station – we take the train from Fishguard & Goodwick at 2.24pm. On a bank holiday weekend we DO NOT usually offer a transfer on the Monday morning, please contact us for exact times, as train times do vary.
If you’re taking part in an At Sea with the Seals sea kayaking course weekend please note that Sunday is a FULL DAY on the water – a return free transfer is not provided on the Sunday afternoon to Haverforwest, however local taxi transport can be arranged. On Sunday there is a 5.45pm train out of Haverfordwest
If travelling from London take the train from Paddington. For the free pick up service you must get to Fishguard & Goodwick station for 6.46pm which leaves London Paddington at 1.45pm, otherwise you need to take a taxi to Preseli Venture. If you need to take a later train there is a 3.15pm train from London Paddington that gets to Fishguard at 8.23pm and there are later trains through to Haverfordwest station through the day. You can take a taxi from Fishguard or Haverfordwest to Preseli Venture.
The latest train you can take from London is the 7.15pm which gets to Haverfordwest for 11.59pm and also the 8.15pm which gets to Fishguard for 1.20am.
If you intend to take a later train and would like us to book a taxi for your onward travel to the Preseli Venture lodge then please let us know in advance.
Public transport in Wales
Use the travel planner below to use the travel search functionality on the Traveline Cymru website. NB – This will only work for journeys made inside Wales.
We are approximately:
- 4.5 hours from London
- 2 hours from Cardiff
- 3 hours from Birmingham
Finding the lodge couldn’t be easier:
- Take the M4 west as far as it goes past Swansea, and then join the A48 to Camarthen.
- At Camarthen take the A40 west towards St Clears, and continue on the A40 to Haverfordwest.
- From Haverfordwest take the A40 towards Fishguard for 9 miles, until you reach Letterston and then TURN LEFT onto the B4331, sign posted for Mathry.
- Continue for 5 miles, until the B road meets at a junction with the A487; the Fishguard to St Davids road.
- Cross over the A487, and then turn IMMEDIATELY right down a single-track lane – CAUTION drive slowly down this narrow and twisty road!We are the first place you come to on the left (a big cream house!), about 2/3 of a mile down the lane (ignore any other earlier farm tracks!)Please continue to the second entrance driveway, which leads you straight to the car parking area.
From Cardiff Airport:
PLEASE NOTE – Cardiff Airport is 110 miles from Preseli Venture. If your flight arrives late at night you might find it easier to spend the night in Cardiff to make the travel links to West Wales the next morning.
To visit the travel links information page on the very helpful Cardiff Airport website click here
From the airport take a bus or taxi to Cardiff Central train station. The Airbus X91, X45 and 345 services operate between the airport and Cardiff Central Train station every 30 minutes, Monday to Saturday between the hours 06.53 and 18.58, and then every 60 minutes between 19.36 and 22.36. The X5 service operates hourly on Sundays between 08.15 and 21.35. Journey time to Cardiff from the airport is approximately 40 minutes. Bus fare is approximately £2.70.
Cardiff Air Taxis, the official taxi operator for the airport, has a taxi desk located within the arrivals hall. Taxis are available upon arrival,or can be booked in advance on+44 (0)1446 710693. Approximate fare to Cardiff Central Train station is £18.
From Cardiff Train station take the train to Swansea, then change for the train to Fishguard & Goodwick. We can arrange transfers by taxi or minibus for the 10 minutes drive from Fishguard & Goodwick to Preseli Venture.
There are local taxi companies that will offer a taxi service between Preseli Venture and the airport, try Rockys cabs on 01437 890891. Prices range from £100 to £150 one way.
We also have links with a car hire company who are offering 10% off to Preseli Venture customers! Rhino Car Hire provide cars from Cardiff, Bristol and London airports.
In case of delay
If you are delayed in your travel to Preseli Venture please let us know by telephoning us on 01348 837709 (office) or 01348 837446 (lodge)
WHAT TO BRING
- For Coasteering and Kayaking you will need trainers (that will get wet but not ruined), and swimming costume to wear underneath the wetsuit that will be provided.
- For Kayaking you need to a long sleeved T-shirt, sweater or thermal top.
- Bring a water bottle if you have one.
- You need to bring warm clothing and plenty of layers.
- Bring a couple of towels.
- You might like to bring cash for the bar or pub as we are not near a cash point and we’re afraid that we can’t run tabs or give cashback over the weekend.
- Bring a plastic bag to take your wet shoes home in!
- Bring spare trainers or boots to wear for the dry activities like mountain biking and hiking.
- Please do not bring your own alcohol as we have a well stocked licensed bar with bar staff!
For any further information regarding how to get to Preseli Venture please do call us on 01348 837709 or contact us, we’re looking forward to welcoming you to Preseli Venture soon.