DELVE INTO A MAGNIFICENT COASTLINE
Discovering somewhere new each day
Self guided walking holiday
The Pembrokeshire coast path is one of the world’s most well known long distance walking routes, and one of Britain’s national trails.
The path in its entirety follows 186 miles of wild and rugged coastline along the westernmost peninsula of Wales. Our self guided walking holidays include what is thought of as the most spectacular section of the path. You’ll explore a variety of landscapes from steep limestone cliffs, undulating red sandstone bays, to volcanic headlands and flooded glacial valleys.
What happens on the self guided walking holiday?
You’ll be based at our cosy five star eco lodge which is just a 20 minute walk from the coast path. Leave your bags behind and set off with a freshly prepared packed lunch each day and take a coastal shuttle bus to your starting point.
Our walking holidays run between May – September taking advantage of our local coastal bus service which allows you to start and finish at a different part of the coast each day. Our event manager will guide you through every little detail so that you can discuss anything that you are unsure about. You’ll be provided with a useful self guided walking pack which will include bus times, route details for both long and short days and a weather proof OS map.
The Preseli Venture self guided walking holiday is a truly unique low carbon holiday to enjoy the very best of the inspirational north Pembrokeshire coastline with the least environmental impact possible.
- Travel to Pembrokeshire by train to our local station of Fishguard and Goodwick
- We collect you from the train station in our minibus or transfer using the local bus
- Stay in our low carbon eco lodge right on the coast in the heart of the National Park
- Take a walking holiday with a flexible approach, from 2 up to 5 days walking
- Use the local coastal shuttle buses that run from May until September to access the start of the walking routes, and return to the eco lodge accommodation each day.
- Monday 27th May – Sunday 2nd June
- Saturday 1st June – Friday 7th June
- Sunday 14th July – Saturday 20th July
- Saturday 20th July – Friday 26th July
- Sunday 25th August – Saturday 31st August
- Sunday 1st September – Saturday 7th September
- Sunday 8th September – Saturday 14th September
- Saturday 14th September – Fri 20th September
What does this holiday include?
Join us for the full 5 days or come along for a shorter stay. You can tailor make your own week and if you’d like to add some guided adventures see prices below.
Off the shelf package
- six nights comfy accommodation at the 5 Star Preseli Venture Eco Lodge with home cooked food throughout your stay including packed lunches for full days out
- a useful self guided walking pack including bus times, route suggestions for long and short days, a weather proof OS map
- emergency support from our staff in the event of any problem
- train station transfers on certain trains
Mix & match
Mix and match your itinerary based on these prices:
- £65 for one night stay in the 5 star eco lodge with 3 delicious home-cooked meals and all the lodge facilities
- £52 for each adventure half-day, including guides, equipment, minibus transport and pick of the best secret spots and out of the way National Trust owned special places on the coast.
Lovely place to relax
Reviewed 15 August 2015 ★★★★★
Kind staff, helpful chefs (they prepared me delicious gluten free meals)and great location !! It’s a perfect place to start discovering Pembrokeshire Coast Path.
Felletz / Italy
Frequently asked questions
Can I do this holiday as a solo traveller?
Yes. This is a great holiday for solo travellers and you will have the freedom to set your own itinerary for the week. The lodge has a lovely welcoming and friendly atmosphere so you will feel at home and meet other adventurers in no time.
I am not an experienced hiker, will this holiday be suitable for me?
The Pembrokeshire coast path is easy to navigate and covers some incredible landscapes making it a great place to explore whether you are a seasoned hiker or not. We will provide you with route details so that you can tailor each day to your own fitness level and interests. Our events manager will be available to answer any questions during your stay.
Can I bring my dog?
We love dogs at Preseli Venture and the Pembrokeshire coast path is a great place to walk with your furry friend, however we are not able to have dogs staying in the accommodation due to allergies and other guests staying. We do have a large car park off a quiet country lane so if you are happy for your dog to sleep in the car over night then they are very welcome to come along.
WIN AN ADVENTURE FOR 2!
Sign up to our newsletter for your chance to win
Preseli Venture, Parc-y-nole Fach, Mathry, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA62 5HN, WALES, Call us on 01348 837709 Office opening hours: Monday to Sunday 9am to 5pm
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
You’ll receive the latest news, including calendar highlights and inspiring ideas.
PRESELI VENTURE ©2018 | Developed by Globe Orange