Team building and leadership development programmes in Wales
How do you overcome the need for a rapid form and perform of your newly formed team? In a world that is virtual how do you get real?
From our adventure lodge on the Atlantic coast we offer our experiential ‘challenge by choice’ corporate team development programme, which brings people together from diverse cultural backgrounds in a relaxed, informal setting where they can quickly learn to work together.
Using the dramatic Pembrokeshire landscape as the key learning tool the development process takes on a far greater resonance and impact – lessons will stick, bound to the vividness of the setting in which they are learnt. This enriching process is one that every individual will be able to participate in, regardless of physical ability.
Feeling the power of the shared outdoor experience, each person will recognise the true value of their individual contribution in meeting the overall challenges of the group, and can enjoy their success within a framework of encouragement and support.
The facilities both indoors and out are spacious enough for large corporate groups, offering participants the space to refocus their attitudes towards each other. By facing different challenges to their traditional workplace issues, team members have the chance to build new relationships based on the people they are, not the function they perform.Mary Isokariari, Training Journal
What are the aims of the team or leadership programme?
Throughout the team development event participants are required to work together, help each other, and recognise each others strengths and weaknesses.By the end of the event, after operating in a dynamic unknown environment, participants will be more comfortable with taking perceived risks. They will have gained greater confidence, developed more open communication with their team mates, and improved the quality of their relationships.
In the context of the inspirational wilderness environment, leaders will learn to respond to their team’s situation and needs, to meet the challenges and to gain the co-operation and buy-in from their team.
Reap the rewards from breaking from the rigours of routine, which encourages creative thinking.
Sample team or leadership programme
Suitable for teams from five up to forty. Choose your activities from our menu.Residential 3 days / 3 nights
- Day 1 Arrive in time for lunch, followed by PM team adventure, coasteering. Evening – cocktail making workshop, relax at the lodge
- Day 2 AM Beach foraging and beach art followed by PM team adventure surfing lesson at local beach. Evening – woodland walk to the beach
- Day 3 AM Workshop: Assertive, respectful communication in the workplace. Learn the difference between passive, aggressive and assertive communication, and how to speak in a way that makes your own needs clear, as well as respecting the needs and opinions of others. PM Abermawr team challenge event involving orienteering skills and team exercises. Evening – Debrief followed by bonfire under the stars and social time.
- Day 4 Breakfast and depart
Costs from £365 / person.Activities to choose from
You can include your choice of activities and adventures for your itinerary:
- coasteering, sea kayaking, surfing, high and low ropes course, coastal hike.
- ranger for the day, beach foraging and beach art, nature boat trip, Abermawr challenge orienteering and problem solving, team building games, beach yoga, well-being workshops
How I work under pressure is better managed
Reviewed 3 February 2016 ★★★★★
I’m more self aware and open to opportunities even if they do push me outside of my comfort zone. My communication skills are also improved and I am also more aware of the skills I need to work on and will work alongside my manager to improve these..
Graduate Trainee / JLR, United Kingdom
More about the team building event
What your team will take away
• Develop flexibility and inspire fresh ways of thinking
• Use challenge to shatter entrenched assumptions
• Reinvigorate team identity through the shared adventure experiences
• Form appreciation of individual involvement through shared challenges
• Allow teams to define their structure in new environments
• Gain insight into, and mutual respect for, each individual contribution
• Individuals will learn to take responsibility for their own performance and ownership of the results they achieve, which they can translate to the world of work.
Who we work with
Companies who are bringing a team together on a short-lived project who need the team to rapidly work together.
Companies who need to secure the investment in their apprentices and graduates and produce effective teams that are productive in the workplace..
Learning and development managers
RANGER FOR THE DAY
Volunteer with the National Trust as part of your team building event