Preseli Venture eco lodge and adventures was established in 1988 by Nick and Sophie Hurst; and quickly attracted a team of staff comprising of Pembrokeshire aficionados addicted to spending time in their adventure zone and the wilderness environment.
The Preseli Ventureeco lodge offers Wales only 5 star graded activity centre built with sustainability in mind, and Preseli Venture can offer accommodation and adventures to individuals, couples, family and school groups, and teams.
For more details of the Preseli Venture story, please see about us.
Filming and photo shoots
Preseli Venture are experienced in working with camera crews for both video and stills. We’ve worked with VisitWales and Occicat to produce coasteering footage for worldwide consumption, Grain Media and the Extreme Channel to produce promotion sea kayaking and coasteering films for the South Wales Regional Tourism Partnership, and with Mpora to produce coasteering footage for a promotional web film for Ford.
- featured in The Guardian’s Green Travel List 2010, as an exemplary green activities centre.
- Green Dragon level 2 award
- Pembrokeshire Tourism’s ‘green achievement’ award
- VisitWales graded 5 star activity centre
- January 2012 – Love on the Rocks: Adventurous Encounters singles adventure weekends and holidays
- Preseli Venture eco lodge gains 5 star VisitWales accreditation
- Take you family for a work out in the wild – family adventure holidays in Pembrokeshire
We have a range of high resolution images which can be made available, please contact us for details.
Past Coverage – blogs and other online media
- Tom Metcalf in The Telegraph | Great Adventurous Stag Parties | March 2014
- Lizzie Porter in The Telegraph | Mother’s Day UK 2014: ideas for alternative travel gifts | March 2014
- Sophie Morris in The Independent | The 50 best British breaks | October 2013
- The Green Parent | Into the Wild | October 2013
- Lizzie Porter in The Telegraph | Short adventure breaks that pack a punch | September 2013
- Joanne O’Connor in The Observer | The week’s best deals | August 2013
- Watson Thomas in The Western Mail | How to enjoy Wale’s amazing National parks | July 2013
- Watson Thomas in The Western Mail | How to enjoy staying cool | July 2013
- Jolyon Attwoll in The Telegraph | Where to escape the British heat | July 2013
- Susan Greenwood in The Guardian | Healthy holidays with more gain than pain | January 2013
- The Independent | The 10 best British adventure breaks | November 2012
- Nicola Brady at Travelpennies blog | Kayaking my way to the grave in Pembrokeshire | September 2012
- Esther Browning in Oxford Mail | Time to take the plunge | August 2012
- Rhiannon Batten in The Guardian | Top 10 hotels and B&B’s in Pembrokeshire | July 2012
- The Guardian | Ask the experts: eco-holidays and adventures for the kids | July 2012
- Isabel Choat in The Guardian | Holidays and breaks to beat the rain | June 2012
- Rebecca Kent in TNT Magazine | Wet and Wild in Wales | June 2012
- Catherine Mack in The Irish Times | Will ye ever stop in Wales | June 2012
- Francesca Syz in The Telegraph Magazine | Coastal Activity Holidays…Four of the best | February 2012
- The Ecologist Magazine | Five of the best…green weekend breaks | November 2011
- Abigail King on VisitBritain Superblog | Learn to surf in Wales | September 2011
- Juliette Dyke on Fresh Air Fix | Want to work in the Outdoors? | January 2011
- The Independent | Travellers Guide – Easter Outdoors | April 2011
- Nellie Huang in TNT Magazine | Coasteering in Pembrokeshire | March 2011
- Lisa Markwell in The Independent | Extreme family | January 2010
- Chris Haslam in The Sunday Times | The 10 best half term holidays | January 2010
- Gary King in The Telegraph | Take a deep breath – winter coasteering | February 2009
If you’d like to find out more about Preseli venture, arrange an interview or press visit, please give Sophie Hurst a call on 01348 837709, or contact us.